St Margarets Fair Needs You!
We are looking for enthusiastic locals who want to contribute to our wonderful community.
Did you know the Fair is run entirely by volunteers and contributes all its profits to local charities and schools? The Fair has been a fixture of St Margaret's summers for over 35 years, and every year, thousands of pounds are donated.
We are currently looking for volunteers and would love to hear from you if you think you can help out in any way - big or small.
How can you help?
Join the Committee to offer general support, take on a specific project, or just help on the day of the Fair! We are happy to have general volunteers, but are also looking for help in specific areas:
- Website: Help keep our website up to date (currently using Squarespace - training can be given)
- Project Management: Get involved with the general running of the Fair, helping to organise events like our much loved Dog Show, entertainment displays and just generally helping it all run smoothly on the day
- Press/PR/Social Media: Can you put your creative writing skills to good use writing articles, blogs and releases for coverage in local websites and publications? Or can you help promote the Fair through social media, such as Twitter and Facebook?
- Add to your CV: Take advantage of existing skills or learn new ones. It all makes for great experience.
- Contribute to our vibrant community: The Fair is just one of the many things that makes St Margarets special.
- Make a difference: Every year profits from the Fair are distributed to our schools and to local charities who make a huge difference to the lives of many St Margarets residents. See who we've supported in recent years and how our 2016 Fair charities have been able to use their funds.
- Feel good about doing good: Experience the satisfaction of a job well done. Your hard work is rewarded with a great sense of achievement and satisfaction when you experience the joy the Fair brings to so many people.
If you think you can help out, whether it be with one of the roles above or in any other way, then please do get in touch for a no obligation chat - we'd love to hear from you:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet us at @stmargaretsfair
Follow us on Facebook here